NIO posted on Thursday the first job vacancy located in Austria looking for a Head of New Business Development. The candidate will identify business opportunities and develop a robust business plan for NIO‘s market entry. Austria becomes the 7th European Market for NIO being expected to enter in early 2023. In Q1 2022, Austria had an EV market share of 38%. Earlier this year, the EV maker posted the first job position based in Hungary looking for an EU SSC Finance team leader.
NIO’s European Expansion Plan
- Norway (2021)
- Sweden (2022)
- The Netherlands (2022)
- Germany (2022)
- Denmark (2022)
- Hungary (Early 2023)
- Austria (Early 2023)
BE THE FIRST ONE TO GET THE NEWS
As Head of New Business Development, Austria, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Based on comprehensive market scan and analysis, identify business opportunity for NIO, and develop robust business plan for NIO’s market entry, including but not limited to:
- Define subscription product portfolio, pricing, volume, etc.
- Develop user growth strategy: optimize subscription products, process and user experience based on local market situation, drive mechanism and digital capabilities to achieve user growth target.
- Develop user rights strategy: according to the market dynamics and competitive situation, define corresponding local user rights policies to seize market opportunities and obtain competitive advantages.
- Develop budget and 5yr business plan, as well as the executable implementation plan accordingly.
Market Entry & Operation
- Execute the Go to Market strategy and be responsible for the achievement of comprehensive operations across multiple disciplines.
- Manage budget and P&L as well as user growth, user engagement, user satisfaction, revenue, cost & margin.
- Regularly review, report and upgrade local user experience, and sales and service progress.
- Build and lead the local, diverse and multidisciplinary team of talents and change makers.
For the position, the EV maker is expecting the candidates to have a BA / BS or equivalent in Business, Economics, Marketing or other related degree and a minimum 8+ years’ experience in automotive.
One day after being added to HFCAA list, NIO announced on Thursday evening (EST) the proposed secondary listing of its Class A ordinary shares on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited. The Company’s American depositary shares (the “ADSs”), each representing one Share, will continue to be primarily listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange (the “NYSE”).
On April 27, NIO reached a total of 500 vehicles delivered in Norway since its debut on September 30, 2021. Until now, only the ES8 Model is available but the sedan announced during NIO Day in December 2020 is arriving to the country in the last quarter of 2022. The Scandinavian country has been the entrance point to the European market for many automakers due to its strong EV adoption.