NIO announced today the opening of a new NIO House located in Yixian Lake, Zhongshan. The company has currently +40 NIO Houses across the Globe – from Beijing (the first one ever launched) to Shangai and more recently Oslo, Norway, the first European Market NIO entered. Sweden, Denmark, Germany and The Netherlands are amongst the next European countries for the expansion this year.
NIO customers have access to every NIO Houses around China. Upon entering a NIO House, you see our car showroom that you would expect of a premium automaker. A flawless model of each of our cars is available for our potential users is open to experience, see, and touch.
Each NIO House has its unique layout but always includes:
- a NIO café, each with its own signature coffee drink;
- Library where our users can borrow any book or DVD and return it at any NIO House;
- Conference room/forum capacity for up to 30-60 guests, some of our users have launched their start-ups or attended SEED talks (like TED talks) in them
- Lab/meeting room space for individual users to host
- Living room-like lounge to relax, read, and make friends
- Childcare through our Joy Camp, where you can leave your little ones while you shop or run errands nearby
NIO opened 15 NIO Houses and 72 service centers in 2021. 594 lifestyle products were launched by NIO Life, and 16 updates were made to the NIO app. With the market entry into Norway, NIO took the first major step to expand globally.
By the end of 2022, NIO aims to install 20 power swapping stations in Norway‘s five largest cities and along the country’s main roads.