After first announcing in late July that the actor Timothée Chalamet would become its first-ever global brand ambassador, Lucid Motors has now officially confirmed that its upcoming campaign featuring the actor will launch this week.
The company teased the global campaign for its Gravity SUV with a video on X on Tuesday, revealing that “the journey” begins on Thursday, September 4.
The campaign will coincide with the Gravity SUV’s debut in Europe, with the brand having started deliveries of its second model in North America and the Middle East already.
The multi-year agreement signed with the French American actor is part of Lucid‘s efforts to expand brand awareness, according to interim CEO Marc Winterhoff.
“Chalamet will be featured in a new campaign promoting Lucid Gravity that marks another significant milestone in our commitment to raising brand awareness,” the executive said on the latest earnings call in early August.
“To further deepen brand affinity and trust, we are expanding our efforts beyond traditional advertising,” Winterhoff added later in the call,
The EV maker plans to partner with world-class athletes, influential cultural figures and leading brands and organizations in sports and culture.
Without confirming whether he becomes the brand’s second ambassador, Lucid shared last week a short video with Red Bull mountain biking athlete Jaxson Riddle.
“For Red Bull athlete Jaxson Riddle, limits are an invitation to lean in,” the post said. “Riding the edge where others fear to go, he reaches new heights with Lucid Gravity X, a concept inspired by those who push even further.”
The concept vehicle, an off-road based on the Gravity SUV, was unveiled in mid-August at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
Lucid recently added key appointments to its global marketing team, which include former Red Bull executive Akerho Oghoghomeh as Senior Vice President and Head of Marketing.
Since recruiting Oghoghomeh, several other former marketeers from the beverage company have joined the EV maker.
In mid-July, Lucid announced a $300 million investment from Uber, which also agreed to acquire at least 20,000 Gravity vehicles over the next six years.
However, the announcement came just minutes after the company revealed a plan to execute a 1-for-10 reverse stock split.
Lucid shares are down 39% year to date and have lost 53% since peaking at $3.69 (now equivalent to $36.90) on July 17, when the brand unveiled the two major news.
The company’s shares hit a new all-time low on Tuesday, falling more than 9% in early trading to $1.736 — or $17.36, with the now implemented 1 for 10 reverse stock split, which was executed on August 29.









